Saturday, June 20, 2009

Michael Cera: What I've Learned (Esquire)


New few words about the movie in Esquire, Michael Cera talks a little bit about it but once again there is no real news...

Arrested Development never felt safe. Even the first season, we did thirteen episodes, and we thought we'd never do a back nine. So I never thought in a million years we'd get to make three seasons. I was happy we got that far. I thought it was really good, and I'm really proud of it. I don't think we made a bad episode.

Well, maybe. People want to make a movie. There are articles on the Internet that center me out as the reason it's not being made. I don't know where that stuff comes from. It could always fall through, but I think everyone wants to make it.

I got recognized from doing the show once in a while, by a type of person I could spot. I could tell when someone was an Arrested Development fan. They were normally very polite, and it was intimate. It was like a club. They would say things like, "Can you believe it? We couldn't save it." There was a real sense of teamwork. But when Superbad came out, there was no way to know. It was the hugest thing I'd ever done. Suddenly I had drunk guys coming up to me, high-fiving me, grabbing me, which was different from having a nice conversation with somebody about this show we both loved.

The whole article on the Esquire website.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers